Wednesday, September 23, 2015

The Top Ten Ballet Schools of 2015


Below I listed the top ten ballet schools of this year. The list differs slightly depending on what source you use, but I believe this list is pretty accurate. As you can see most of the ballet schools are not located in the U.S. Paris Opera Ballet School, Vaganova School, and Royal Ballet School tied for first place. These schools are located in Paris, Russia, and England respectively. None of the schools that tied for first place were located in the U.S. This definitely makes one wonder if ballet training is better outside of the U.S.

Most of my ballet teachers have come from Russia and England. They grew up in these countries, trained there, and danced there professionally. My teachers from Russia and England have always been much harder and stricter than my American teachers. I know the training is very intense and more aggressive in these countries. Due to this, teachers from these countries expect a lot more from their students.

I decided to post about the top ten ballet schools to give you an idea of where you can receive the best ballet training. Attending one of these schools will definitely help you if you are looking to dance professionally. Most of these schools are located in other countries. Therefore, it would be very difficult to attend them if you are from the U.S. The best alternative is to attend a school in the U.S. that has ballet teachers that came from Russia. My Russian ballet teachers gave me the same training that they received in Russia at the Bolshoi Ballet Academy. After having this training, I had the option to pursue ballet professionally. Although, I did not pursue ballet professionally and became an accounting major instead, I am glad that I had the opportunity to receive some of the best training in the world.

 1. Paris Opera Ballet School, Vaganova School, Royal Ballet School
 2. The School of American Ballet
 3. The John Cranko School
 4. La Escuela National De Danza
 5. The Australian Ballet School
 6. San Francicso Ballet School
 7. National Ballet of Canada’s School
 8. The Juilliard School of Dance
 9. The Sunhwa Arts High School
10Royal Danish School of Ballet

                                    http://www.dancemedia.com/images/news/239scriptical-wordpress-swan-lake-
                                    anna-selezneva-by-patrick-demarchelier-for-vogue-russia-october-2012-9.jpg




No comments:

Post a Comment